Monday 4 May 2015

4/5/15- Inspiration

Spreads from Dazed spring/summer 2015 edition

This weekend I have been trying to find a better contrast in my project especially to contrast with the duvet idea because of the comments of my tutor last week where she said all my designs were following the same silhouette and needed new ideas. I have been trying to extract more details from the rich areas of research such as frills from expensive dress and suits like bankers wear. I also started looking for ideas that already exist that sort of capture the mood I need to create in my project. I found these too spreads in the recent Dazed magazine which capture some of the mood. The first image shows two photographs one of a structured suit and one of a draped loose sack dress, this shows the dramatic contrast I need to create in my project, the Dior and Gareth Pugh outfits have a strong contrast in fabric and silhouette which will be useful to keep in mind when designing so I don't go back to the comfort of silhouettes I continually design. The second image shows an oversized suit which takes the rich business man/woman element and combines it with the second hand ill fitting clothing which Becca suggested I explore last week. This Vetements suit will be some inspiration going forward.

Today I also decided I need a title for my project to give it some character and almost a story which will help me when designing my final collection. So far I am undecided on this, my current ideas are 'A Confused Society' and 'The Rich are Broke', I like the slightly comical element of the second so I think I need to keep gathering ideas till I find one which feels right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment