Tuesday 28 April 2015

28/4/15- Print Development

Today I had my mid-project tutorial with Sarah. I discussed with her the worries I wrote about yesterday, that I wasn't sure about the look of my designs, and she helped me not to worry as I was as it was limiting my work. Sarah told me that in order to help clear my mind and resolve my issue that I need to go back to experimenting with fabrics and ideas such as the silk with fleece on the back and to go back to developing prints as this is where my project was working. Once I have developed these and worked out what fabrics I want to use etc then I will be clearer in my thoughts and I will be able to work out the final silhouettes for my collection.

After talking to Sarah I went on to work on more prints. I created the ones below today using scans from my sketchbook. Overall I am quite pleased with them like the print on the right because of how the swirling damask and rubbish has combined and I like the combination of grey tones with the pop of blue. I also like the more photographic element to some of the prints it adds a contrast to the drawn lines and a larger range in tones of colour which I think works well. I think the blue background damask print is less successful because it looks a bit old fashioned and traditional and I think I need to work it out again to make it more modern as I like elements of it such as the contrasts in colour between the blue, white and gold.

(Prints, Authors Own, 28/4/15)

Tomorrow I am going to print some samples using my prints above, so before hand I need decide which prints I want to sample and maybe do some more using other sketches I have done in my sketchbook. I also need to decide what fabrics to sample it on, I would like to try out some flat polyesters as well as polyester silks and even possibly a fleece as this is almost a key fabric in my theme of trying to stay warm. Also tonight I want to experiment back with the duvet on the stand using a smaller single duvet this time to see if I can find some shapes I think really work well and that I can possibly use for my final outcome as I think I need to consider this this week while working as I should be making next week to stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment