Thursday 16 April 2015

16/4/15- Research

This morning I began gathering my rich imagery focusing on the extravagant look of the interiors and some of the extremities in their looks such as large fur coats and fine detail in the clothing in the past. From this I think the interiors are more inspiring for my project as I felt on Tuesday. I am going to now expand on in particular the gold gilding in the interiors using gold thread to experiment with embroidery which I haven't used before so will be a new idea for me. I can incorporate this with the poor idea by either embroidering my rubbish print or by embroidering onto a poor fabric to create a contrast.

Today I also spoke to Dan about my project, he agreed looking at the interiors would be a good contrast to the poor photography I have looked at and that I should try and gather primary research of this. He also suggested that I should expand on the rubbish print I created from the Nick Hedge’s photograph by putting rubbish on the stand to try and get the almost grimy look the photos have and to look at the contrast of plastics and newsprint in the photos to. This I can then contrast with the gold gilding idea in a more dramatic way. 

This weekend my aim is to experiment with the gold thread to try and embroider shapes like those from my print. I could do this onto very cheap fabric as a contrast. I also want to experiment with quilting from the idea of a duvet to see where I can take this. Possibly by quilting an expensive material like silk which wouldn’t be expected. Exploring some fabric manipulation this weekend could help me with fabrication and with surface design which could give me more to explore in terms of design which is definitely something I need to improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment