Wednesday 15 April 2015

15/4/15

Today I had a group tutorial with my tutor. There was three of us together looking through our work and I found having this small group very helpful. My tutor said I was working well and at a good pace but that I definitely need to work on making the two elements of my project more equal. I got quite a lot of ideas from this regarding the rich element of my project which is definitely holding me back at the moment. Some of the ideas included how I could expand on my experimentation of draping a duvet by looking at quilting, I could also begin to explore embroidery using the idea of the gold gilding possibly stitching in gold into my rubbish print to create a contrast. I also need to explore more of the extremes, looking at the incredibly wealthy like the Russians who come to London and their lives. They also mentioned the idea of perception which was interesting, using a print which is of rubbish or a poor material and printing it in a rich colour, so you think its rich but its based on the poor. 

Discussing my project and ideas today was very helpful in helping me move forward and expand on my ideas. After the tutorial I started collaging images of poor landscapes with blocks of metallic colour to start to generating ideas regarding silhouettes and textures and so I could start to see how I could work the two together. I think this although just a starting point has helped me start to think about silhouettes and ideas as well as layering which I am trying to include. I now need to look into the rich interiors and people and their looks as I have done with the poor.

(Collage experimentation, authors own, 18/4/15)

At the moment I think I am lacking on drawn designs, I need to continue developing quick sketches as this is what I have found in previous projects helps me with creating my final designs. I also think I need to develop on ideas such as the collages above as I can extract a lot from these such as colours or silhouettes which I can then develop into designs. Tomorrow I need to work on the rich area, I can extract shapes from imagery of interiors as well as gather more research imagery to make the rich side of my project stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment