Tuesday 14 April 2015

14/4/15- Exploring Wealth

Today I started to try and begin expanding on the rich side of the project. I have looked at the artist Karen Knorr for this. She has two series of work exploring wealth, the first Belgravia, where she photographed the elite and captioned them with quotes they said. From these I wanted to try get a feel of the people in them, whether they look happy, sad, comfortable etc. I also looked at a series of photographs which contain the interiors of beautiful rich houses with gold gilding and tall ceilings. I think these interest me more than the Belgravia series, they have more details and extravagance which I think is something I want to show about the wealth. It is also a less obvious path to take from the Belgravia series I feel I would be just taking things they are wearing etc but from the images of interiors I can explore more and interpret them in my own way into my designs through a silhouette, detail in the clothing or a fabric choice or colour. 

I think exploring these more has helped me to work out what I need to explore for the rich side of the project but I am still struggling with this. I think forcing myself to continue exploring this area and speaking to my tutor tomorrow will help clarify this.

(Karen Knorr, Accessed: http://www.thisisglamorous.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/11994433335_fc4d4523f3_o.jpg, 18/4/15)

No comments:

Post a Comment