Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Start

RICH AND POOR

This is my topic I will be exploring for my final major project. This subject and idea has been on my mind since the first project in September where I thought about combining rich and poor fabrics like silks with denims. I also think money (what makes us rich and poor) is so relevant today. It is everywhere. There is always someone with more or less around. So I want to explore this, what makes us 'poor' or 'rich' and whether money is what makes us happy. Even just being 18 I can see around me the differences in people around my life. People have bigger homes and go on fancier holidays. This doesn't affect my friendships but I find it really interesting to see this in everyday life and how it makes people act.

The gap between the rich and poor today in the UK is also growing. They are becoming further apart, so what is the difference between these extremes? And is the divide greater now than in history, what is it that makes today different to 100 years ago? Finally I want to see if there are similarities between the two sides of society. Psychological problems like depression can exist for everyone whether there is money or not creating a clear link between the two.

These are all starting points to begin my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment