Tuesday 17 March 2015

Project Proposal

In my final project I am intending to explore the theme of rich and poor. I am hoping to explore the emotional side to the different sides of society, stereotypes of both the rich and poor as well as look into history and the contrast of the classes to today. As well as this I intend to explore if there are similarities in both the poor and rich as well as how law and our treatment of the rich and poor differs. In this project I hope to create a final collection as well as a 3D outcome to show at the exhibition. 
To explore this theme I will need a range of primary and secondary research. I am going to try interviewing a range of people who have different wealths to get opinions on how they are living to see if it is money that makes them feel content in life. I also want to ask a range of people about their ideas of rich and poor, to get different stereotypes. I could also use street photography to gain personal observations on my theme as well as explore as many exhibitions as I can. 

Techniques I can use in this project are stand work, using found garments and deconstruction as well as using paper/calico to generate silhouette ideas. To generate design ideas I can think about collaging and quick sketching. Also in this project I can explore the photographer Jim Goldberg specifically his 70s/80s project Rich Poor as well as the art movement arte povera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment